Sunday, July 3, 2016

And This Is Dying



And This Is Dying
I am seated in a room with activity of all sorts going on around me. Suddenly the view begins to fade until it is all hidden in a mist. The fog is so thick that it seems to block out all sight and sound.  Now there is nothing, no sights or sounds, just the mist and me. Gradually the mist clears and it is like waking from a cloudy dream in to incredible clarity. I am astonished that every sight and every sound seems to be alive. All of the colors are magnificent, they touch me deeply and each sound is like an entire symphony. I realize I did not move an inch and I am exactly where I was before the scene seemed to fade in to the mist. My surroundings are so natural, so full of life that I do not question why I can no longer see the shadows that formerly occupied and may still reside in the same space as I am in now… And this is dying.

No comments: